Application For Fellowship
FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- He shall have been licensed to practice medicine.
- Formal written application to the Philippine Orthopaedic Association c/o President or Secretary
- The candidate must have passed the Diplomate Examination given by the Philippine Board of Orthopaedics.
- The candidate must have one (1) scientific paper read or published as senior or main author.
- He must have one year private practice and he must submit a list of major or minor operations & which is certified correct by a fellow of the POA, or by the Chief of Surgery or Chief of the Hospital where the candidate is doing the operations. The list of operations will be subject for review and scrutiny by the POA Board.
- For those candidates coming from the Metro Manila area, they should have at least attended 50% of all scientific meetings & those coming from the provinces at least 20% of all monthly scientific meetings.
- Applications must be received at least three (3) months prior to the Annual Convention in November of each year. Deadline for submission is July 26, 2013 (Friday).
If the minimum requirements are met the following supporting documents must be sent to the Secretariat of the Philippine Orthopaedic Association with non-refundable application fee of P1,000.00.
- Filled application form (available at the POA Office or download here).
- Xerox copy of :
- Medical School Diploma
- Certificate of Residency
- Philippine Board of Orthopaedics Diplomate Certificate
- One (1) research paper read/published or as main author
- Letter of recommendation from at least 3 references who are certified POA Fellows of good
- Three (3) copies 2X2 colored picture in formal attire. (White background)